So, it’s the day after Thanksgiving and you house is full of leftovers. Most people just reheat everything and eat it the same way but this year I’m trying out something different! Instead, I’m going to mix all of my leftovers and make a yummy Thanksgiving Leftovers Shepherds Pie! Sounds delicious right? I’m already a big fan of leftovers so I am really excited to try this one out!
It is super simple to make. I’m basically going to take a little bit of everything(turkey,green bean casserole, brussels sprouts, corn, gravy, dressing, etc.) and mix it together for the base. Then top it all of with mashed potatoes. Feel free to add any of your leftover! Every family has their special Thanksgiving meal which will make your Leftover Shepherds Pie so special. Have fun and happy holidays!!
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup gravy
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stocks celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups leftover turkey meat
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (or mashed sweet potatoes)
- 1/4 cup green beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, combine onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients except the mashed potatoes. Transfer to a baking dish and press it into an even layer.
- Heat mashed potatoes until luke warm and easy to stir and then spread mashed potatoes over the turkey filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Source: Karma’s General Blog